Bacon and sausages are carcinogenic! is that true? Follow these steps for peace of mind
However, there are more and more rumors about the carcinogenicity of wax flavor, and in the carcinogenic list released by the International Cancer Research Center of the World Health Organization, Chinese salted fish and bacon are among the carcinogens. Is it really impossible to eat the Chinese flavor? Where did these carcinogens come from?
1. The sources of carcinogens in bacon are like bacon, sausage, etc. In some places, they are directly salted for a few days and then dried out; in some places, they are marinated and dried with fire, and then stored in a ventilated place, regardless of Either way, there are substances that threaten health.
1. Salting—Nitrite and nitroso compounds will add a lot of salt when marinating meat, which will dehydrate the meat locally and inhibit the enzyme activity in it, thus serving the purpose of storage. It is estimated that the sodium content per 100 grams of bacon is close to 800mg, more than ten times the average amount of ordinary pork!
On the one hand, salt will cause the loss of nutrients in the meat, such as: loss of B vitamins, vitamin C and niacin content are almost zero, and protein will also be lost; on the other hand, long-term consumption of bacon, it is easy to excessive salt intake and increase Or cause blood pressure to rise and fluctuate, which is also detrimental to the human cardiovascular system; and the protein in the meat contains nitrogen. After metabolism by microorganisms, it can produce nitrite, which indirectly increases the risk of esophageal and gastric cancer.
Nitrite can react with amino acids in meat, or react with secondary and quaternary amines in the human gastrointestinal tract and protein digestion products to form nitroso compounds (NOC), especially N-nitrosamines and Nitrosamides, they are recognized as carcinogens.
2. Smoked-During the smoking process of benzopyrene meat, the fat of animal meat will drip due to high temperature, and a large amount of thick smoke will be generated when it falls on the charcoal fire. There is no shortage of harmful substances in these thick smoke, such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and coal tar And other harmful chemicals and strong carcinogens benzopyrene.
A number of experiments have proven that long-term inhalation or consumption of foods containing high levels of benzopyrene can easily induce lung cancer, liver cancer, and gastrointestinal cancer.
And these harmful substances exist not only in the smoke, but also on the surface of smoked meat. Regular consumption will increase the risk of cancer to some extent.
Then really can't eat wax flavor? Not that. Although there is a carcinogen in the wax, the human body also has the ability to metabolize and detoxify itself. If eaten in small amounts, normal people can metabolize directly to the outside without much impact.
Adults are advised not to consume more than 150 grams of waxy flavor each time and not more than 3 times a week.
In addition to bacon, processed meats such as ham, hot dogs, and bacon are all classified as Class 1 carcinogens by the World Health Organization. Therefore, intake should be strictly controlled, and excessive intake should not be taken for a long time to avoid harm to health.
2. People who should not eat waxy food For ordinary people, eating a small amount of waxy food has little effect, but the following people are better off.
1. The nutritional value of children and pregnant women is low, which is not conducive to the growth and development of children and fetuses. In addition, children's kidney function is not fully developed and eating too much sodium will increase the burden on the kidneys, so it is best to eat less, or even Do not eat.
2. Wax taste of high blood pressure patients belongs to high-salt food. High blood pressure patients are not conducive to blood pressure control, so it is best not to eat it.
3. People with bad kidneys People with bad kidneys have impaired renal function and cannot expel the sodium ions in the body in time. After accumulation, it is easy to cause edema, so it is best not to eat.
4, cardiovascular disease patients waxy contains a large amount of saturated fat, is a high cholesterol food, excessive intake is likely to cause problems such as vascular occlusion, so eat less.
5. Patients with hemorrhoids If people with hemorrhoids eat too much bacon and take too much salt from them, it is easy to increase blood pressure in the veins and exacerbate the pain of hemorrhoids.
6, obese people will choose fatty meat when making bacon, which is a high-calorie, high-fat food, the fat content can be as high as 50%, therefore, obese people, high blood fat people still better not eat.
3. Follow three steps to reduce damage and rest assured. In addition to controlling the dosage, following the three steps can also reduce the adverse effects of waxy flavor:
1. Wash, soak and cook before washing. It can remove floating dust and other harmful microorganisms. Soaking it for a while can help dilute the nitrite.
After soaking, cook again with water. During the boiling process, too much salt, sugar and fat can be dissolved in the water; and the high temperature can kill some bacteria, germs and so on during the production process.
2. The vitamins in vegetables can effectively block the synthesis of nitrosamines in the body and play an antioxidant role to reduce the risk of carcinogenesis. In addition, the cellulose contained in vegetables can promote defecation and reduce the time that food stays in the body. , Thereby reducing the body's absorption of harmful substances.
Such as pepper, garlic, celery, carrots and other sausages are good choices. However, it should be noted that there is no need to add extra oil or salt during the frying process, otherwise it will easily cause excessive intake of oil and sodium.
3. You can add garlic, pepper and ginger whether you are cooking or frying. These spicy seasonings can not only help to suppress nitrate reducing bacteria in the stomach and reduce the content of nitrate, but also play a role in enhancing gastrointestinal motility and promoting digestive juice secretion, thereby accelerating the decomposition and discharge of harmful substances.
In addition to vegetables and spices, after meals, you can drink tea after eating wax. Tea polyphenols can prevent the synthesis of nitroso compounds, and the higher the content of tea polyphenols, the stronger the ability to remove them. Supplement lactic acid bacteria (such as cheese, Yogurt, etc.), lactic acid bacteria have a degrading effect on nitrite.
4. Homemade bacon is safer. Experts say that compared to bacon purchased on the market, homemade products may be more secure and safe to eat, and the following points in the production process can also reduce the generation of harmful substances:
1. Meat should be fresh and stale meat will produce more amines, combined with nitrite, easy to produce more carcinogens. If you are afraid of too much fat, you can also add more lean meat.
2, to fine salt and control the amount of coarse salt impurities, nitrite will also be more, so if you marinate at home, try to use refined fine salt, eat and rest assured. Generally, 3% salt is used for cured pork and 2.5% salt is used for cured fish.
3, to control the temperature In order to prevent the occurrence of benzopyrene, it is best to choose pine, cypress and other high-quality wood for fumigation; in addition, slow fire and slow roasting, the temperature is controlled at 50-60 degrees without dripping oil.
Finally, I also want to remind everyone that as the temperature rises, bacon cannot be kept at room temperature. It is best to wash it, wrap it in plastic wrap, and put it in the refrigerator to prevent odor.
Qualified bacon, sausages, and bacon can be eaten with confidence, but pay attention to the amount of food. (Daily health talk)